Do you enjoy the outdoors, learning about plants and meeting new people? Are you a lover of local history? Please consider volunteering at the Fullerton Arboretum. You will enjoy an enriching experience as you help fulfill the Arboretum's mission of education, conservation and preservation.
How Do I Start?
Make sure you’re a member of the Friends of the Fullerton Arboretum. You have to be a member to volunteer. If you are not a member, you can become one online on our membership page.
Submit a volunteer inquiry request to find out more. Once we receive your submission and verify your membership with the Friends, we will contact you to set up an appointment and discuss available opportunities.
Next volunteer orientation: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 9 a.m. at the Nature Center.
Once your application is received, and your membership with the Friends verified, the Volunteer Manager will contact you to set up an appointment to discuss available opportunities.
Choose a Volunteering Adventure
There are many different ways to help out at the Fullerton Arboretum. Choose how you want to volunteer:
- Develop and maintain the living collections.
- Care for our rare and stone fruit orchards.
- Propagate and grow plants in our nursery.
- Help visitors make their plant selections at the Nature Center.
- Learn about environmentally responsible gardening and plant identification.
- Meet quarterly for a presentation and to welcome new volunteers.
Nature Guide Volunteers
- Receive in-depth, hands-on training to give tours of the garden.
- Support our Environmental Education Program by assisting with program. development, teacher development and tours.
- Meet on the third Tuesday of each month for enrichment and to welcome new volunteers.
Victorian Docent Volunteers
- Support our mission of education by conducting tours and caring for our 1894 Eastlake Victorian cottage known as Heritage House.
- Meet on the second Thursday of each month for an informative, history-related program and to welcome new volunteers.
Nature Center Docent Volunteers
- Greet visitors as they enter the garden.
- Provide information about the Arboretum and upcoming classes and direct visitors to their area of interest.
- Assist visitors with plant purchases and with the interpretive displays inside the Nature Center.
Museum Docent Volunteers
- Greet visitors to our OC Agricultural & Nikkei Heritage Museum and answer questions about the exhibits.
- Receive training for each new exhibit throughout the year.
- Help the Education Manager with class registrations.
- Assist with education program set up.
- Provide instructional support.