| Skip to Content
General Rules and Regulations at the Fullerton Arboretum
||General Rules and Regulations at the Fullerton Arboretum
||Welcome to the Fullerton Arboretum. Open since 1979, this 26-acre site provides a peaceful respite from the busy modern world. The splashing of the waterfall, the play of sunlight on green leaves, and the smooth glide of ducks on the pond all combine to establish a soothing, tranquil tone that is attracting a growing number of visitors. You are invited and encouraged to share and enjoy the special world created within our gates.
Fullerton Arboretum serves community needs in the areas of education, conservation, and research. We are pleased that your group has chosen to visit the Arboretum grounds.
||Rules for use of the Fullerton Arboretum
||In order to maintain and protect Arboretum plants and animals, the following rules have been established for groups and individuals:
- Supervision of children is the full responsibility of parents, individuals or group leaders. One adult for every 10 children is recommended for groups.
- Stay on the paths and lawns and off the wood chipped, cultivated or inhabited areas. Be careful of muddy or shady areas.
- Permits are required for private parties, picnics, meetings or posed photography. Contact main office Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for more details at 657-278-3407.
- Please place all trash in appropriate containers and do not litter.
- If you have a medical emergency, please contact a grounds staff person or use the emergency phones to call for assistance.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness in the restrooms. Adult supervision is required for children.
- Fishing, wading or swimming is not permitted in any ponds, lakes or streams.
- There are many places to take beautiful pictures; however you must stay on the paths and lawns and cannot enter the cultivated beds or planted areas.
- Feeding of any birds or wildlife in the pond or on the grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Releasing animals on the grounds or in the water system is prohibited.
- Picking or collecting plants, fruits, vegetables or insects is prohibited and punishable by law (CA penal code sections 487a, 602, & 594).
- Do not disturb weddings or other groups that may also be using the Arboretum.
- No firearms, weapons or illegal items are allowed.
- The consumption of alcohol is prohibited except for approved, sanctioned events.
- Misuse of the Arboretum by an individual or group may result in a request to leave the Arboretum and or the assessment of a fee to cover damages.
- Please work with the Arboretum staff to make your visit an enjoyable experience. We would like to instill in children a respect for the Arboretum and an appreciation for its beauty through education.
- No pets of any kind are allowed in the Arboretum (with exception of disability assisted guide dogs).
- Sporting activities are prohibited.
- No bicycles, skateboards or any unauthorized motor vehicles are allowed on the grounds of the Arboretum.
Thank you for your care and support of the Arboretum. By complying with these rules, you contribute
to the preservation of the plant collections and natural habitats enjoyed here.
Contact Fullerton Arboretum at 657-278-3407. Normal office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.