The environment, science and local history are at the core of the Fullerton Arboretum’s mission. Treat your students to a field trip to our 26-acre living classroom.
A donation of $5 per person is requested for field trips and contributions of any amount are welcome.
Guided Walking Tours for School Groups
- Take your class on a tour through the Arboretum’s garden collections.
- A knowledgeable docent will lead you through our collections of plants from California and around the world.
- You will also visit the waterfall, lake, pond and stream where frogs live and waterfowl visit.
Heritage House Tours
- Docents in Victorian dress lead tours of our 1894 Eastlake-style house and gardens.
- Constructed of redwood and fir, the restored house serves as a museum of family life and medical practice in the 1890s.
Visit other historic structures in the Heritage House yard, including an 1880s outhouse, a pump house and a windmill.
All tours need to be booked 2 months in advance.
Environmental Education Program
The Environmental Education Program is an outdoor science program for grades 3–7. It is funded by a grant that provides admission to the Arboretum as well as round-trip bus transportation. Please see the Environmental Education Program page for more information.